Hack Beast Mode
If you have man boobs (or ‘moobs’ as they’re commonly known) and you want to get rid of them, you’re in the right place.
Before we go any further, we’d just like to say that we embrace the Dad Bod—and we believe in body positivity. There’s nothing wrong with man boobs, but if they bother you and you’d like to get strong, we’ve got your back.
Many people ask us, “Is there a good exercise for man boobs?” And, the answer is, “Yes, there are several.”
So, without further ado, we’re going to tell you the best exercises to get rid of your moobs once and for all.
What are man boobs, exactly?
In short, moobs are collections of chest fat around the region of your pectoral muscles.
In addition to lifestyle factors that cause weight gain and excess fat, there’s also a medical condition known as gynecomastia that enlarges the breast tissue and causes moobs to form.
Gynecomastia is a condition (sparked by a hormonal imbalance) that’s most common in men around youngsters going through puberty as well as men aged between 50 and 59.
But, with a few lifestyle tweaks and the right exercises, you can tackle your enlarged breasts head-on. And we’re going to show you how right now.
Note: If you feel that you may have gynecomastia, contact your healthcare provider, as there may be treatment options that can help.
4 essential exercises to help you get rid of your moobs
Grab some water and get your gym kit on because it’s time to spring those pectoral muscles into action.
These four powerful core and upper body exercises will help you build muscle mass, get your heart rate up, and burn extra calories—the key ingredients for taking charge of your moobs.
Let’s get started.
1. The push-up
Okay, the push-up exercise isn’t exactly a niche movement—but if you get your form right—it’s a total moob-busting powerhouse.
Not only will performing regular push-ups with the correct form directly target your chest muscles, but it’s also one of those chest exercises that works wonders for your core and the key muscle groups in your upper body.
How it’s done…
- Get your body into a horizontal plank for the perfect push-up starting position
- Make sure your hands are pointing forward, shoulder-width apart
- Engage your glutes and core, and make sure your head is parallel with the rest of your body, eyes looking directly at the ground below
- Keep your elbows tucked in and slowly dip towards the floor, maintaining a strong planking position
- Push back up in a slow, controlled movement until your arms are straight—and repeat until failure
2. The barbell bench press
Another classic yet potent upper body exercise that will give your chest area an epic workout, barbell bench presses (performed with the proper form) will help you target your moobs while building some serious mass.
How it’s done…
- Set your preferred barbell weight and get into a comfortable position on the bench with your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Grip the bar overhead pretty tight and carefully lift the barbell from the rack
- Breathe in and lower the bar in a controlled manner until it’s hovering a few inches above your chest, keeping your shoulders engaged and your elbows tucked in at all times
- Breathe out and slowly push the bar back up to the starting position
- Repeat until failure—and make sure a gym buddy is there to spot you
3. The cable crossover
This beautiful beast of moob-busting exercises. Here, we’re going to look at bent-forward cable crossovers as these epic exercises target the chest as well as the biceps and forearms in one dynamic movement.
Perform these chest-pumping bad boys regularly, and you’ll start to see your moobs dissolve as solid muscle takes their place. Epic.
How it’s done…
- Head over to your nearest cable or pec dec machine and use the pins to set a weight that suits your current level of strength and fitness
- Stand in the middle of the cables with your feet hip-width apart. Stand straight, but relax your knees, and grab both cables with your palms down
- Lean your body forward while keeping a flat back, and make sure the cables line up with your chest muscles
- Inhale as you push your arms down towards each other until they cross over and hold for a second
- Exhale as you slowly return to your starting position. Repeat until failure
4. The goblet squat
While the mighty goblet squat is an exercise associated with working out the glutes, core, and lower body—it can help you take on moob-based breast tissue like a boss.
A slightly more intense tweak on the traditional deep squat, the goblet variation, involves holding a dumbbell or kettlebell at chest height as you dip as low as you can go. A powerful full-body exercise that will get you in tip-top shape.
How it’s done…
- Grip your dumbbell or kettle, bending your knees, and raise it to chest height. Get into the start position by placing your feet a little more than hip-width apart with your toes pointed out slightly
- Engage your glutes and core, keep your back straight, and tip your torso forward slightly. Take a deep breath and start to lower your hip towards the ground
- As you dip towards the ground, keep your back straight and tilted forward slightly while bending your knees. Keep your dumbbell or kettlebell held in place at all times
- Bend down as far as you can go, hold for a second, then push back up into the starting position
- Repeat this motion until failure
Moob-busting quick tips…
In addition to this iconic chest-boosting workout, there are other ways of getting rid of your moods and feeling epic. And it’s all down to lifestyle…
- Eat well and up your protein intake to boost your energy levels, lose fat, drop excess weight, and improve your body composition
- Move a little more during the day by throwing a little cardiovascular exercise into the mix or walking on your work breaks
- Workout with fellow fellas to keep yourself motivated and keep working towards your muscle-building, moob-busting fitness goals
Bonus: To help you get your body pumping during your moob-shattering workouts, check out our legendary CrazyBulk exercise mix on Spotify.
Grab more gains with CrazyBulk
You can perform these moob-busting exercises in any order that suits you. Carve out two to three times a week to give it your all, crank up our playlist, and make the right lifestyle tweaks—and you’ll see your body change in no time.
If you enjoy these exercises as much as we do and you catch the bodybuilding bug, check out our full library of top tips, guides, and muscle-boosting exercises.
Oh, and if you’re looking for a supplement to maximize your gains, boost your post-workout recovery, and help you tap into Beast Mode, try our dedicated product finder.
Over 299,434 purchases
Over 509,389 bottles sold
Over 30,563,340 pills taken